Friday, February 27, 2009

Baubles, Bangles and Beads



Below are a few paragraphs that I wrote before I ever published A Beader’s Blog and, at that time, was undecided in the direction I wished to travel or the subject I wished to pursue...it then became part of the foundation of my original Blog, the one that was gutted to rebuild anew. I offer this post once again as it seemed as though I was missing a few of my corner stones.
Often my mind jumps from thought to thought like a grasshopper on hot asphalt, so conjuring up a blog title was as challenging as getting a child with ADHD to sit still during a long, boring lecture. My first impulse was to christen it "Chaotic thoughts of a deranged crafter", then quickly my mind jumped to Alice and her bizarre trip to Wonderland and of course "Down the rabbit hole" popped up, followed by "Of Cabbages and Kings" from Lewis Carroll’s, "Through the Looking Glass"

"The time has come", the Walrus said,
"To talk of many things; Of shoes...and ships
And sealing wax...of cabbages and kings
And why the sea is boiling hot...and whether
pigs have wings."

My mind was like a junk drawer filled with odd bits and pieces, useful in conjunction with something else but not useful in itself...and then I thought of my jewelry box, a catch-all for such things as safety pins, trinkets and pretty baubles, some broken in need of repair, others broken beyond repair but too pretty to throw away. Perhaps life is much like a catchall, some of it sentimental, some of it useful, some of it not so useful but we keep it nonetheless. And so now, much like random thoughts, I ponder this title; "Baubles, Bangles and Beads".
If I use it that’s hard to say, for tomorrow it may not suit my whims so I’ll continue to mull it over and see how I feel about it after a day or two. . .and then again it may not even be available, if so it would, perhaps, make a good title for something. . .though I’m just not quite sure what.

Note: as it turned out "Baubles Bangles and Beads" was not available nor was "Down the Rabbit Hole", "Through the Looking Glass", "Of Cabbages and Kings", "Pig Wings", "Flying Pigs" and the like...choices were narrowed down !

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nothing makes me happier than to hear from those who have dropped by my blog for a visit. I love hearing from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...