Thursday, April 16, 2009

Killer Pantyhose










Camera still on the fritz .
John can never believe that anything would go bad. Ever the engineer he feels that if something is engineered correctly, manufactured to high standards it should last as long as the pyramids...sometimes he even takes that belief to leftovers in our fridge !

So once again the batteries went through a cycle in their recharging station and were returned, perhaps fully charged, to the awaiting camera. I prepared my photo shot, turned on all of my Home Depot $5 reflector lights and clicked the on button to my camera. The perky little musical tone told me it had turned on but then, just as quickly, the tone sounded again and it turned itself off. Not a good sign ! Tried again and the camera repeated the same procedure a sure sign that batteries were indeed defunct. The on screen message stated that batteries needed changing. John couldn't believe that they went bad, after all they were only 3 or 4 years old !

Today, camera-less, I dig into my vault of photo ideas that I had stashed away...perhaps not as fully fleshed out as I would wish nor as entertaining to some.

One of my biggest pet peeves is pantyhose. Hate them !
For those unfamiliar with pantyhose, they are sized, supposedly, by a persons height and weight. Since I am only 4' 11" and approximately 99 lbs I fall in the smallest category: a size A. My waist is about 24" maybe 24.5". So what's the problem ? When I absolutely HAVE to wear pantyhose I am in agony, they practically cut me in half and every moment is sheer torture. I've even gone so far as to try to stretch the tight elastic waistband by stretching the darn things over the end of my ironing board but the elastic that is used is just too resilient ! If I go up to a size B then I have to pull the waistband of the pantyhose up to my armpits !
According to the chart on the packaging a size A will fit a person 4' 10" and weighing between 90 to 155 lbs...or a person up to 5' 7" and weighing between 100 to 125 lbs. Now can anybody tell me why the powers that be think these people should all have an 18" waist ?


Photos show my belt fastened at it's usual notch and pantyhose, with it's tiny constricting waistband, is inside the belt's circumference...with lots of room to spare !











1 comment:

  1. I detest pantyhose. I think they were invented by the same sadistic person who invented underwire bras and am pretty sure they were made only to torture us. I don't know a single person who ever found pantyhose that didn't cut into you. I prefer tights...much more comfortable...but they aren't much help if you want sheer. I say ditch em!

    ReplyDelete

Nothing makes me happier than to hear from those who have dropped by my blog for a visit. I love hearing from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...