Friday, August 21, 2009

Shop to You Drop

above photo: A clear blue Florida Tropic sky with soft billows of small white clouds...perfect day for shopping !

This week my daughter injured her knee and will be looking forward to knee surgery. When asked how she managed to tear a ligament at both ends, she replies; "Playing 'Ring-Around-the-Rosies' ". And yes, that is honestly how she did it, seems it happened during the "Ashes, ashes, we all fall down" part. Apparently as they all fell down, she heard and felt 2 distinct pops in her knee and then found she was unable to get back up.

At the present she is on crutches with orders to rest the knee. Once the inflammation and swelling go down the orthopedic surgeon will go in and repair the damage.

So that now takes us to my shopping trip. Since my daughter, Kathi, is basically immobile she asked if I could take the 2 girls shopping for school clothes. Having had 3 daughters I know what a chore it is to herd more than 1 small, young lady around the mall. After a short while they grow tired of the stores and the trying on of clothing and are soon taunting and teasing one another, hiding in the clothes racks and running down the aisle.
In order to make things controllable I offered to take Lexie, the eldest, shopping on Wednesday and her younger sister, Haley, on Thursday.

above photo: Haley outside of our local Bealls store, awaiting her chance to acquire a new 2009 school wardrobe...of which she'll probably out grow before Christmas !

Though it was a joy to spend time shopping with my lovely granddaughters, this old gal is no longer the "Shop to you drop; Spend to the end; Buy to you die" shopaholic that she use to be. We arrived at the stores at 10:00 am, just when they opened, and by early afternoon I was beat.

6 comments:

  1. OUCH! I hope her procedure goes well and that she is back on her feet quickly. I'm glad you got to do some shopping with your granddaughters, even if it was exhausting :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, I wanted to leave a comment for you because I've really enjoyed having a nose around your site. You have great pictures and you write really well too.

    Thank you for sharing and best wishes, have a lovely weekend

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I wish all the best for your daughter. I'm happy you enjoyed your granddaughter. Ciao Have all of you a nice week end.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poor dear. How horrible to get hurt when you're having fun. I have to giggle at the thought of taking little girls to the mall. If malls had been around in my childhood, my sisters & I would have driven my sweet mama crazy :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, sorry about your daughter's popped knee. Loved the pic of your granddaughter - she is so very pretty and seems to just beam happiness.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ouchie, that is awful! Hope the surgery is easy. how long will she be out of commission after that?

    Smart plan taking them separately, even though its more effort for you in the long run it is probably way easier to reign them in one at a time! I am a get in & out quick gal these days too & back in the old days we probably ran into each other at the mall. haha

    ReplyDelete

Nothing makes me happier than to hear from those who have dropped by my blog for a visit. I love hearing from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...