Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Could Care Less About Getting My Groove Back...Just Give Me Back My Microwave !

Last week my marvelous hubby, John, got the oven cabinet into its new position.  It was not an easy task as that sucker weighs a couple hundred pounds and that's completely empty, sans drawers, doors and shelves.
Once John had the cabinet in place and leveled he bolted it in place and then inserted and reconnected the oven and microwave.  Oh happy day !  I can't begin to tell you how much I missed that microwave.  At one time I even thought about sitting the oven on the floor and connecting the microwave but then realized that the sides of the microwave were exposed and it was designed to be shielded by the wood cabinet.  Didn't really like the thought of all that radiation bouncing around my kitchen.

Photos above and below...The oven and its cabinet are in position and back in action.  Now the next step will be the counter top and backsplash.

Photo above...John had to add a cove molding between the wall and the side of the cabinet as the wall was not all that plumb.  There was a good gap along a part of the back edge of the cabinet which was far too big to fill in with caulk.  I think the cove moulding looks very nice. 



9 comments:

  1. Very pretty. Does your hubby take on odd jobs?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful job he did! I must say if my microwave oven broke down and died, I would go out as soon as I could to get another one. They are indispensable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh it turned out awesome! I loved watching it progress.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous cabinets...lucky you!!! I would be lost without my microwave. Kind of how I feel without the old Etsy forums!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Anna, your kitchen is looking awesome. What a talented guy your John is. :)

    I bet you are really happy to get your microwave back. I am lost without mine. Each time we have remodeled, the microwave ends up plugged into various parts of the house, even at one point in the garage, it has been with us for so long (20 + yrs) it is like another kid (but sometimes I think more useful, He! He!) (jk)

    Thank you for your really sweet words of encouragement yesterday. You are a wonderful supportive friend. :)

    I hope you are having a lovely day, :) T.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks great! I have kitchen reno envy now.
    We are trying to do ours in stages... seems so slow going that way though!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! I didn't realize how much of your kitchen I was holding my breath to see it's debut of the new cabinets! LOL Isn't that a bit weird? It's all coming together and it's looking totally fabulous! I wanna come cook in it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anna, thanks for stopping by my blog and giving your critique on my Bead Soup entree. It's always a pleasure to have you and I really enjoy your insights on my beading! Thank you again!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looking fantastic!!!
    What a job you guys are doing...wonderful! :-D

    Our microwave broke a couple weeks ago and it took a week to order a new one, then a few more days for Chad to find the time to install...you don't realize how much you rely on an appliance until it's not there!!

    Looking fwd to seeing your counters in too!!!

    ReplyDelete

Nothing makes me happier than to hear from those who have dropped by my blog for a visit. I love hearing from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...