Friday, May 2, 2014

PICCADILLY PICK



There's nothing really different about me, as far as being a beader goes.  Like many other beaders I love beads and have accumulated an impressive stash of them.  I also have accumulated quite a collection of odd beads, orphan beads and a vast array of What-The-Heck-Am- I-Going-To-Do-With-These beads.  This situation is probably true of all crafters and the medium of their choice; bits and pieces of scrapbooking supplies, fabrics,  odd skeins of yarn along with many partial skeins, and the list goes on and on. 

Trying to use some of my odd-bit beads I began constructing the bracelet pictured below.

Kind of kooky, especially for me but I'm liking it and have already given it a name, "Piccadilly".  Usually I reserve a name until a piece is finished and then only christen very special pieces.  I must admit that as this bracelet progresses it gets more and more "special".
 
At the moment I'm faced with a dilemma and that's;  how should I go about connecting the peyote beaded strip (over on the left in photos below) to the beaded tube? 
 
A bridge of some sort is needed but I haven't decided what I want to do yet.  You can see that I used a couple of flat-round tablet beads and a few tube beads to bridge the other side of the beaded tube.  If anyone has ideas or suggestions please feel free to share them in your comments.  Also I'd love to hear about your collection of odd supplies that you just can't part with but haven't figured out what you're going to do with.

9 comments:

  1. I keep all my scraps, bits, odds and ends. I have baggies and baggies of them! what about putting a large bead between the 2 sections? Running the thread down through the seed beads on either side?

    ReplyDelete
  2. JoJo I believe that we craftaholics have a bit of the hoarder in our veins. Hate to throw the bits and pieces away as we're sure to find some wonderful way to use them. :)
    I like your idea of a big bead to bridge the two pieces. I'll have to go through my stash and see what I've got.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My yarn stash seems to be like your bead stash! I've bought yarn intending to make a certain something, then I lost interest, but still have the yarn! There have been quite a few of those, so I have a hodge-podge of yarn sitting around!
    I really like how your bracelet is turning out, especially like the use of those two larger round beads :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sarah. :) I do a tiny bit of knitting and crochet (nothing like you do and certainly not as complex or as lovely as your work is) but even with as little as I do, I've ended up with partial skeins of yarn and balls of crochet cotton. So I can only imagine the stash you must have.
      Thanks for stopping by. :)

      Delete
  4. Now that is a splendid bracelet in happy colors! I would connect up to the tube without using a bridge. But that is just me! Do what pleases you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Pearl for stopping by. I'm toying with that idea also and might end up doing a compilation of several different techniques. I've already tried a couple of experimental bridges but they didn't work out very well and I had to take them apart.

      Delete
  5. Love jewelry that looks like it's made of bits and pieces but everything is combined very harmoniously! It is challenging to me and I strive to make such pieces. As for the accumulation of stuff, I have a lot of stuff for crafting and I began just a couple of years ago. Must clean up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I collect art supplies in much the same way, I think. I have such plans... and then... :) I even have beads!

    ReplyDelete

Nothing makes me happier than to hear from those who have dropped by my blog for a visit. I love hearing from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...